1-4 axes PLD Target Manipulators
|Standard base flange||DN 100CF or DN 200CF|
|Base pressure range||10-11 mbar|
|R2 range||360° continuous|
|Z range||50 mm (other on request)
|resolution (manual/motorised)||500 μm / standard 10 μm (1 μm on request)|
|XY range (option)
||± 12.5 mm|
|resolution (manual/motorised)||5 μm / 1 μm|
|Max speed||up to 50 rpm (other on request)|
|Bakeout temperature||up to 150 °C|
* stepper motor or servomotor - depend on application.
Manipulator can be prepared for customer motors or drivers - on request.
The 1-4 axes motorised PLD target manipulator is a high precision revolver mechanism with capacity up to 6 target holders.
The target manipulator has two axes of rotation - R1 and R2: by changing the position of R1, different targets are selected. The R2 axis has a continuous rotation around its own axis. The manipulator has additional hole/position (between two targets) to accommodate a laser power meter. The XY motion module allows scanning of the target via laser beam. One axis is motorised - for scanning, second is manual - for adjusting. Additional Z axis is used to set up transfer position for target transferring via Load Lock Chamber. The Z movement can be motorised or manual. Computer controls the target rotation and radial scanning over the complete target diameter (fixed laser beam) for making multi-layer deposition with maximum target usage.
The 1-4 axes motorised PLD target manipulator is designed for pulsed laser deposition applications under ultra-high vacuum conditions. The manipulator can work in vertical or horizontal orientation, depends on PLD process geometry.
Manipulator for PLD applications:
▪ two manipulators: for substrate and target
▪ substrate holders: plate style, PTS, flag style
▪ base pressure: 10-10 mbar
▪ possibility of fixing targets with irregular shapes,
▪ target sizes: 1 ", 2", standard target thickness: 0.5 - 10 mm,
▪ continuous, individual rotation of targets,
▪ select and sequence change of targets,
▪ shield against mutual pollution of targets,
▪ radial scan, automatic control,
▪ target is mounted coaxially (relative to the substrate) and positioned so as to eliminate the likelihood of droplets, clusters settling on the substrate and the effects of possible target peeling,
▪ target holders are transferable to the load-lock chamber (or storage) for quick replacement,
▪ water cooling system.