Multifunctional ESCA system [project 125]
Customized multi chamber UHV system dedicated for investigation of the chemical and physical properties of solid state surfaces in wide temperature and pressure ranges.
Multi-chamber system designed for investigations and modifications of solid surfaces by different methods under very well controlled conditions. Central radial distribution chamber with attached analytical chambers and auxiliary chambers fulfill these demands and ensure high quality measurement because the samples are transferred between chambers under UHV pressures (<10-10mbar). The base pressure in the analytical chambers is < 5*10-11 mbar.
- Multifunctional analytical chamber integrates different measurement methods like standard ESCA, ESCA, AES, ISS and UPS. A high precision, 5 axes manipulator ensures very good positioning of the sample and it is equipped with cryostat for LN2 and a heater for cooling and heating of the sample in a very wide temperature range. The temperature range depends on the sample holders and can vary from -180°C to 2000°C. The chamber is made from mu metal, equipped with hemispherical analyzer and analytical equipment as ion source, electron source, flood gun, X-ray source, Monochromatic X-ray source and prepared for many others. The equipment can be modified according to the customer demands.
- Two levels preparation chamber, equipped with LEED, TDS, ion source, electron beam evaporator, mechanical surface cleaner, and many ports which can be used for future preparation or evaporation devices.
- Distribution Chamber for transferring sample holders to particular chambers connected on its circumference.
- Load lock chamber prepared for dust samples pumping, with internal bakeout system.
- High pressure chamber for heating up to 650°C and cooling the sample in controlled gas atmosphere under pressure to 2 MPa
- Sample park chamber for 6 sample holders.