XPS UPS Photoelectron Spectrometer [project 454]
The UHV ESCA system dedicated for investigation of the chemical and physical properties of solid state surfaces in wide temperature and pressure ranges by different methods under very well controlled conditions.
The system designed for investigations and modifications of solid surfaces by XPS/UPS methods under very well controlled conditions. The base pressure in the analytical chambers is < 5*10-11 mbar.
- Multifunctional analytical chamber integrates different measurement methods like standard ESCA, AES, ISS and UPS. A high precision, 5 axes manipulator ensures very good positioning of the sample and it is equipped with cryostat for LN2 and a heater for cooling and heating of the sample in a very wide temperature range. The chamber is made from mu metal, equipped with hemispherical analyzer and analytical equipment as ion source, electron source, flood gun, monochromatic X-ray source, no monochromatic X-ray sorce, UV source and prepared for many others. The equipment can be modified according to the customer demands.
- Two levels preparation chamber, equipped with LEED, TDS, ion source, electron beam evaporator, mechanical surface cleaner, and many ports which can be used for future preparation or evaporation devices. The temperature on the sample depends on the sample holders and can vary from -180°C to 2000°C.
- Distribution Chamber for transferring sample holders to particular chambers connected on its circumference.
- Cleaver chamber for cleaving the samples mounted in suitable sample holder.
- High pressure chamber for heating up to 650°C and cooling the sample in controlled gas atmosphere under pressure to 2 MPa
- Load lock chamber prepared for dust samples pumping, with internal bakeout system.
- Sample park chamber for 6 sample holders.