Custom UHV system for OLED research [project 014]
A custom multichamber UHV system for the preparation and investigation of organic films (OLEDs).
Multi-chamber system designed around a central radial distribution chamber with attached analytical chambers and auxiliary chambers to fulfill the demands of sample transport under true UHV conditions (pressure lower than 10-10 mbar). The importance of fast and reliable sample transfer being a critical design criteria due to the nature of the organic films. The base pressure in the analytical chambers is < 1*10-10 mbar.
- Multi-technique analytical chamber integrating different surface analysis methods; X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS), Inverse Photoelectron Spectroscopy (IPES), Ultraviolet Photoelectron Spectroscopy (UPS) and Electron Loss Spectroscopy (EELS). Sample positioning is via a stable, high precision, 4-axes manipulator. The sample receiving station is equipped with a LN2 cryostat that allows temperature variation over the range -180°C to 1000°C (dependent on sample holder model). The mu-metal chamber is equipped with a hemispherical analyser and X-ray source, UV source and low energy electron source. The flexible design allows for easy modification to meet future scientific demands
- Variable temperature STM/AFM chamber is accessible through a reorientation chamber directly connected to the distribution chamber. A special sample holder design carries the STM-holder and allows heating, cooling and temperature measurement of the samples in each chamber
- Chamber for Infrared Spectroscopy (FT-IR) with commercial IR spectrometer that can also be used as a standalone instrument. The sample can be heated and cooled during the measurement and the chamber can be equipped with an electron beam evaporator for in-situ sample preparation
- Three level preparation chamber, equipped with LEED, TDS, ion source, electron beam evaporator, Knudsen cells, and numerous spare ports for future expansion
- Single level preparation chamber equipped with ion source and numerous spare ports. Equipped with facility for surface conductivity measurement
- Load lock chamber prepared with detachable glove box for either simple sample loading or sample preparation under reduced oxygen and water atmospheres