UHV Multichamber XPS - IR system [project 256]
Multitechnique IR-UHV system offering a wide range of surface characterisation techniques, including:
- X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS),
- Ultraviolet Photoelectron Spectroscopy (UPS)
- Angle-Resolved Photoemission Spectroscopy (ARPES)
The setup is optimized for Infrared (IR)-spectroscopy, it is the first UHV-system on the market allowing to record data using IR reflection-absorption spectroscopy (IRRAS) on dielectric substrates (oxides, nitrides) in a routine fashion.
A flexible sample holder with integrated heating allows for the application of a variety of sample preparation procedures. A sample transfer system and two radial distribution chambers offer a maximum of flexibility.
- FT-IRRAS for wide range of sample temperatures: 28 K - 2200 K (depending on sample holder) - 28 K are reached in less than 15 min
- Separate sample preparation chamber equipped with a low energy electron diffraction (LEED) system
- Multitechnique analysis chamber with high-performance electron-energy analyzer R4000
- High-performance Vertex 80v IR spectrometer