Multichamber XPS UHV system [project 097]
Multichamber UHV system dedicated to surface analysis of solid and powder samples by electron spectroscopy techniques:
- X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS)
- Ultraviolet Photoemission Spectroscopy (UPS)
- Auger Electron Spectroscopy (AES)
- Scanning Probe Microscopy (SPM)
- Low Energy Electron Diffraction (LEED)
- Temperature Programmed Desorption (TPD)
- Solution allow to have one sample holder type in all chambers.
The system consists of:
- Spectroscopy chamber with analyzer (incl. instrumentation and software) which allows to use XPS, UPS, AES, EPS techniques. The analyzer enable XPS measurement with high resolution, precise and depth profiling on selected surface <= 1x1mm, possibility of chemical imaging and angular-resolved measurement
- Variable temperature STM/AFM chamber with instrumentation and software which is dedicated to atomic resolution measurements
- Preparation chamber dedicated to preparing samples, equipped with AES/LEED spectrometer and thermal desorption spectrometer with residual gas analyzer (incl. instrumentation and software). Moreover is equipped with thermal and electron bombardment sources for thin film production scrapping tool and ion source for surface cleaning. The chamber is equipped with manipulator XYZ,
- Rotation tilt which allow to cool the samples down to 90°K and heat the samples to2200°K.
Moreover the system is equipped with:
Sample loading, transferring and storage system, Equipment for sample preparing and cleaning. UHV Flow Through High Pressure Reactor. Gas dosing system, pressure and temperature measurement and control system, vacuum controlling system. Sample temperature measurement and control system. Sample loading, prepare for UHV suitcase using, Unique Radial Distribution Chamber system with extremely easy handling solution. Storage chamber with heating and cooling possibilities. High pressure reactor for thermal / pressure processes in range up to 20 bar and 650°C. Solution with extremely short time heating in high pressure and UHV.