Multichamber ARPES UHV system [project 042]
The ARPES system is a customised multi-chamber UHV system for the investigation of physical properties (electronic band structure) of high temperature superconductors.
Multi-chamber system designed around a central radial distribution chamber with attached analytical chamber and auxiliary chambers that fulfill the demands of sample transportation under true UHV conditions (pressure <10-10 mbar). The base pressure in the analytical chambers is < 5*10-11 mbar.
- Multi-technique analytical chamber integrating various surface analysis methods; Monochromatic UV Photoelectron Spectroscopy (UPS) and LEED. Sample positioning is via a stable, high precision, 5 axis manipulator with all axes motorised for automatic surface mapping. The sample receiving station is equipped with a closed cycle helium cryostat that allows temperature variation over the range 10 K to 400 K. The mu-metal chamber is equipped with a hemisperical analyser incorporating 2D detector with energy resolution better then 0.5 meV and also incorporates a monochromatic UV source and a LEED system. The flexible design allows for easy modification to meet future scientific demands
- The system is designed so that it can be used in the laboratory as well as on a synchrotron beam line. The analyser is mounted horizontally and can be easily rotated by 90 degrees. The frame has easy height and x-y adjustment for quick and easily reproduced alignment
- Single level preparation chamber equipped with ion source and mass spectrometer and numerous ports for future expansion
- Load lock chamber for loading up to six samples with internal bakeout facility
- Storage chamber for 6 sample holders