Sputter Deposition System [project 525]
Sputter-down system equipped with 4 planar magnetron sputtering sources and easy access to top flange, bottom flange and substrate stage. The loading and unloading process to and from the main chamber can be performed using a load-lock in combination with a linear transfer mechanism. The substrate holder manipulator is capable of holding, continuous rotating & cooling/heating samples with size of up to 4 inch (placed on 3-pins plate). The substrate stage is located at the bottom of the process chamber (sputter-down system) and allows heating the substrate to at least 650°C.
All relevant pneumatic, electronic, electromagnetic and motorized coomponents are controllable by a central control unit, comprising a programmable logic controller in combination with HMI device. Control software Synthesium allows for full control over process recipes and monitoring, manipulating all relevant subsystems.
- Base pressure: better than 10-8 mbar,
- Equipped with 4 planar magnetron sputtering sources in confocal sputter arrangement and ion source,
- Load-lock chamber with linear transfer for fast substrate holder introducing,
- Front door to process chamber,
- Top flange lifting mechanism (motorised and full protected) for easy changing the magnetron targets,
- Bottom flange with substrate manipulator fully accessible or replaceable using dedicated lifting trolley,
- Motorized substrate manipulator with heating and cooling possibility for 4” 3-pins plate,
- Innovative process automation software.
The process chamber is equipped with additional ports for e.g. analysis instruments.