X-ray Source RS 40B1
|Mounting flange||DN 40CF (non-rotatable)|
|Anode||Al/Mg (other materials on request)|
|Power||Al 600 W / Mg 400 W|
|Energy range||7 - 15 keV|
|Cathode current (Icath)||up to 2.5 A|
|Emission current range (Ie)||0 - 50 mA|
|Cross talk||< 0.35 %|
|Magnetic field at sample||below 0.5 μT|
|Increased sample temperature||< 5 °C|
|Cathode type||thoriated tungsten|
|Water cooling||required, pressure 3.5 - 5 bar (max. 6 bar), flow ≥ 2.5 l/min., Tmax = 30 °C|
|Insertion length||285 mm; OD: 35 mm|
|FWHM||dependent on working distance (e.g. 30 mm for distance 15 mm)|
|Typical working distance||5 - 30 mm (optimum 15 mm)|
|Bakeout temperature||up to 250 °C|
|Working pressure||< 5 x 10-6 mbar|
The RS 40B1 X-ray Source is a high intensity twin anode Al/Mg source optimized for XPS and high pressure XPS experiments (option).
Design of the anode, filament and source housing guarantees maximum X-Ray intensity and very low crosstalk between the anode faces.
A specially configured nose cone allows maximum access to the sample. Twin anode used in standard source, allows for separated emission of two different characteristic X-radiation emission lines: Mg (1253 eV), Al (1487 eV) – other coating materials on request.
- High intensity twin anode Al / Mg
- Specially configured nose cone
- Very low cross-talk
- Low magnetic field
- Hermetically sealed housing
- Very efficiently water-cooled inner housing in order to reduce thermal damage to the sample during operation
- In-built double high voltage protection together with hermetically sealed housing
- Able to work in high pressure experiments in the mbar range (option)
- Able to work under full control with limited water flow.
- High Pressure version, up to 5 mbar (20 mbar in development)
- Linear shift with tilt 50 - 100 mm (for HP X-ray source equipped with additional pumping port)