Research Unit Digital Instrument RUDI-8M
|Power supply||100-240 V 50/60 Hz, max. 150 VA, depends on modules number|
|Maximum number of modules in 3U rack||8 (8HP wide) or 4 (12HP)+ 2 (8HP), chosen from DAC and HV|
|High voltage modules||Different version up to 6 kV, bipolar, floating output|
|DAC modules||High precision 16 bit +/-12.5 V|
|Insulation||All HV and DAC modules have full insulation 6 kV to power and ground|
|Temperature stability||< 0.5 ppm/°C for all modules|
|External interlock||active when the contact is closed|
|Communication interface||MODBUS-TCP 460 Kbit/s|
|Rack dimensions||448.8 x 132.5 x 437 mm (W x H x D), rack 3U height, 84Hp width|
|Weight (approx.)||6 kg|
High voltage modules
|Modules||Output voltage||Maximum output current|
|HV 100V||~0 – 100 V, 16 bit, step size ~1.6 mV||~600 µA|
|HV 600V||~0 – 600 V, 16 bit, step size ~9.2 mV||~300 µA|
|HV 600/100V||Low range ~0 – 100 V, 16 bit, step size ~1.6 mV
High range ~0 – 600 V, 16 bit, step size ~9.2 mV
|HV 1900/100V||Low range ~0 – 100 V, 16 bit, step size ~1.6 mV
High range ~0 – 1900 V, 16 bit, step size ~23 mV
|HV 2200V||~0 – 2200 V, 16 bit, step size ~34 mV||~150 µA|
|HV 4000V||~0 – 4000 V, 16 bit, step size ~61 mV||~100 µA|
|HV 6000/600V||Low range ~0 – 600 V, 16 bit, step size ~9.2 mV
High range ~0 – 6000 V, 16 bit, step size ~92 mV
|Output voltage||0… +/- 12.5 V|
|Step size||200 µV|
|Protection||Surge protection 23 kV|
Modular, compact high voltage power supply for photoemission and other demanding research applications.
The electronics features fully calibrated, independently operating modules utilising the very latest electronics and software technology. Voltage supplies are controlled by high precision 16-bit digital-to-analog converters with high linearity and very high temperature stability. Automatic low and high voltage range settings, as well as output polarity, are under full user control.
The combined high specifiation and system flexibility makes RUDI-8M the obvious choice for many analysis applications, where stable, high voltage supplies are required and can also be readily configured by the end user.
Device is supplied with a comprehensive serial communication protocol description, which can be easily implemented for individual control needs (thus removing the reliance on specific, often prohibitive supplier software).
▪ Special techniques have been used to achieve rapid temperature stabilization. The system is ready for use after only 3 minutes from switch on.
▪ Each independent voltage module achieves temperature stability below 0.5 ppm of the voltage span per degree Celcius.
▪ Using 16bit AD converters, the 6 kV power supplies can be set with a resolution < 100 mV.
▪ Each modules can be controlled independently via MODBUS-TCP 460 Kbit/s wire interface.
▪ Each module has a floating output which means a wide range of configurations are possible making the unit truly universal (serial configuration).
▪ Any other voltages up to 6 kV available on request
▪ High linearity controlled with an accuracy of 16 bits
▪ Up to 8 modules fit into 3U rack
▪ Voltage deviation calculated with ten-point calibration at min and max voltage